What can be brought about by creating a website or a blog?
We live in a time where we rely on the internet for just about everything, from ordering food to booking a holiday. Businesses and bloggers alike have understood the importance of websites and blogs. There are many benefits of creating a website. It has become impossible to succeed without one.
Websites allow you to educate your target audience, share news, and grow. However, most people tend to think that creating a website requires a lot of effort and money. But, that does not necessarily have to be true.
There is no longer a need to have coding skills to create a website as the best website builders have made it possible for you to create your very own website with minimal knowledge.
It is essential to launch a website that is tailored to your goals to ensure that you are able to organize business ideas accordingly.
If you are a blogger or business owner who wants to attract more potential customers and raise awareness about your offering, you need a proper website. Thus, it makes sense to use a website builder.
However, since there are so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming having to decide the best fit. But, there is nothing to worry about as this guide looks at the 12 best website builders. It will help you decide which platform to use.
Creating a website with Constant Contact allows you to showcase what you have to offer in the best way possible. Become an authority in your industry and connect with your target audience. There is no limit to what you can do with Constant Contact.
It is the ideal solution for SMEs. If you have simple email marketing and website needs, it is the right fit for you.
As the name suggests, this website builder is always prepared to help you. Please take advantage of its event management tools, email marketing automation tools, social campaigns, and surveys.
It offers an abundance of features. You can set up a campaign, track progress, and more with Constant Contact.
1. Constant Contact offers a clean interface that provides you with an easy to navigate dashboard. Even if you are new to website builders, you will learn how to use it in no time.
2. It tends to be more intuitive. Thus, users will have no trouble understanding how to make a website using the tool.
3. Easy to adopt for the enterprise.
1. The options can be somewhat boring. It can be irritating having to drag items to constantly change their placement.
2. There may be a few glitches from time to time. However, customer service would help solve the issues promptly.
1. Email: Starting at $20 a month, it is the basic plan for small organizations and professionals.
2. Email Plus: This plan offers more advanced features and costs $45 a month.
BoldGrid is another famous website builder that you might have heard about. It is a free premium builder that also offers to host plans from Web Hosting Hub and In Motion Hosting.
This modern website builder provides everything that you could need. It combines the power of WordPress with website creation. No coding knowledge is required to use this easy-and-drop builder.
A great thing about BoldGrid is the fact that it is extremely versatile. It provides you with complete control over website creation. When you build a site with this tool, you can rest assured knowing that it will be responsive.
1. Users get to maintain complete ownership over this website.
2. BoldGrid is available for free with many popular hosting plans. Thus, users get to utilize its full potential for close to zero cost.
3. It offers an intuitive website creation process that will put amateurs at ease.
1. Currently, there are not many host version options available. Users would need to opt for Web Hosting Hub or In Motion Hosting if they wish to use the service for free.
2. The stand-alone version is yet to be made available.
1. Free if you opt for BoldGrid with Web Hosting Hub or In Motion Hosting.
2. Premium Website Builder: Costs about $2.50 a month. The plan includes access to easy-to-use drag and drop site editor and over 200 themes.
3. Premium Bundle: Costing $5 a month, it provides you with premium services, tools, and plug-ins including automated website speed tests, total upkeep premium, and more.
4. Premium Creator Bundle: The plan costs $8.25 a month and offers a ton of features.
This post would be incomplete without including Weebly. Boasting over 50 million websites built, it is one of the most prominent website builders.
The platform has always been interested in updating its technology instead of running costly marketing campaigns. Thus, the service speaks for itself.
However, ever since Square acquired Weebly in 2018, there have been fewer new features. But, it does not mean that the website builder is not worth the cost. Instead, the platform has started focusing on improving the existing services.
Moreover, Weebly keeps its pricing plans simple. It does an excellent job of handling larger websites such as Barcelona-Museum.com. Besides this, it also makes it possible for users to edit or add some code easily.
1. It is the ideal site builder for both large and small businesses as there are plenty of tools that will allow one to build an online store or a fantastic website.
2. Users get to use interesting themes that are fully customizable.
3. Weebly offers helpful SEO guide to help boost your website’s ranking.
1. The drop-and-drag customization can be somewhat limited unless you know some code.
2. There is no personal restore option. It means that if your website goes down, you would need to rely on the support team to help restore the site.
3. There is no ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) option. Thus, you would need to make the website manually.
1. Free: Perfect for basic use.
2. Starter Plan: It costs around $5 a month for connection to a domain.
3. Pro: The plan costs $12 a month and is suitable for groups and organizations.
4. Business: The plan costs $25 and boasts a ton of features.
BigCommerce is an ecommerce site builder that is known for its extreme scalability. If you want to set up an online store, it is just the platform for you. It provides more sales tools than any other builder out there.
These can be combined with advanced SEO features to boost your ranking. BigCommerce is meant for businesses that want to enter the big league.
Some of the biggest names use the platform, including Ben & Jerry’s, Kodak, and Toyota. Small businesses can leverage the platform for impressive growth. Let’s take a closer look at its pros and cons.
1. One of the most scalable ecommerce platforms.
2. Offers more features than any other builder including powerful SEO tools.
3. The platform provides users with more than 65 integrated payment gateways including PayPal, Stripe, Square, Apple Pay, and Amazon Pay.
1. The complex terminology can be difficult for beginners to understand.
2. Ease of use is compromised due to the advanced features available. You need to have some basic understanding of websites to utilize the features.
3. BigCommerce is more expensive than other website builders. Thus, you would need to spend more. However, the features are worth the cost.
Besides the 15-day free trial, the following pricing plans are offered by BigCommerce.
1. Standard Plan: Costing around $29.95 a month, the Standard Plan includes various features.
2. Plus Plan: It costs $71.95 a month and is the most popular plan.
3. Pro Plan: Finally, the Plan will cost you about $224.95 a month. It boasts a large variety of scalable features. It is the most advanced option in the market.
Webnode is a drag-and-drop website editor that is perfect for developing e-commerce, business, and personal website. Use the site to create a website within minutes. You do not need to use any unique code to achieve the desired results.
Headquartered in Switzerland, the platform was first launched back in 2008 and had come a long way in a short period. It has helped more than 22 million users from across the globe with website creation.
Offering a multilingual website, anyone can use the site to develop their very own place in no time.
Webnode has some of the best templates out there, especially when you compare them with other website builders in the market. Besides, it even lets you restore or set a backup copy of your website.
1. Mobile-friendly templates that come with integrated SEO tools and Google Analytics support.
2. Intuitive user experience.
3. Free site building and competitive price plans.
1. Templates can seen somewhat stale but they can be fully utilized. Blogging functions can be somewhat limited.
2. Users need to get the highest tier package to benefit from unlimited bandwidth.
3. There is no live chat support or calling option. Hence, one would need to send an email to seek help.
There is a free trial which lasts 15 days and is only suitable for up to 100 MB storage. Premium plans are mentioned below.
1. Limited: Costing around $3.95 a month, the limited plan connects with your domain name.
2. Mini: The mini plan is good for small projects. It costs only $5.95 a month.
3. Standard: The standard plan is suitable for bilingual and professional sites. It is ad-free and costs $11.95 a month.
Elementor claims to be the most advanced website builder. It offers innovative features, reliable user-interface, and regular updates. There is a lot to this new service that people do not know about. Being a relatively new service does not mean that its options are not worth your time.
It is proliferating ever since it was first launched back in 2016. The platform has been downloaded over 5 million times and has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 on WordPress.org, which is a massive achievement in itself. People love it.
Creating original pages is very easy with Elementor. Its standard templates will keep you satisfied. The best part is that you do not need any PHP/CSS/HTML coding skills whatsoever.
Its user-friendly interface will take care of all the heavy lifting for you. Since it works at the front end, you get to see the outcome instantly.
1. The core service is entirely free.
2. Boasts an amazing user interface as well as an open source platform. Participate in the Facebook group to resolve all your issues and help others out.
3. Extreme customization that will blow your mind.
1. There is forced styling.
2. It can be confusing to use static or global templates.
3. Lacks some powerful marketing features that other services offer.
Although Elementor is free, it also offers premium plans as mentioned below.
1. Personal: The plan costs $49 a year and offers support one site.
2. Plus: The plan is available for $99 a year. It supports up to three sites.
3. Expert: This plan is perfect for many websites. It costs $199 a year and supports a thousand sites.
WordPress.org is considered to be one of the best website builders in the world. It is also the most popular. The platform is designed for everyone.
Even if you do not have any knowledge of code, the user-friendly interface will guide you throughout the website building process. Many people confuse WordPress.com with WordPress.org. Both the platforms are different.
WordPress.com might seem like a primary platform, but WordPress.org is a league apart. It is merely the most natural site-building solution in the market that will get your website up and running in no time.
The platform is ideal for newbies and professional bloggers. From now onwards, when we talk about WordPress, we will be referring to WordPress.org.
WordPress is designed for those of you who want to have complete control over their website. There are plenty of fantastic options and plug-ins that will keep you going. WordPress offers full theme support, monetization options, and premium plug-ins.
There are more than 74 million people that use the platform. The following pros and cons will help you decide whether it is the right fit for you or not.
WordPress is free, but you would need to pay for hosting, domain name, and a theme. However, there are free themes that are available, as well.
1. WordPress is basically free. It lets you have full control over your website data and files.
2. Provides you with a large variety of plug-ins, add-ons, and extensions to take your website to the next level.
3. Super easy to use.
1. Since you have complete control over the website, you are also responsible for updates, backups, and security.
2. It is not a drag-and-drop website which means you will need to learn the basics.
3. Basic knowledge of CSS and HTML is needed.
Square Space is an amazing website builder that has taken the world by a storm. It has an incredible homepage that will keep you looking.
Square Space knows how to stage its product perfectly. It provides impeccable usability. Easily edit content live without having to go back and forth.
The platform is known for its blogging tools. There are more than 100 flexible templates to choose from. The best part about the models is that they are fully adaptable to mobile devices.
It claims to be the best website builder for online stores, portfolio sites, and blogs.
Square Space is an ideal tool for small businesses. It allows you to build a professional site without any coding knowledge. You can use the templates to set up your website.
All you need to do is select a model, make tweaks, and adjust the controllers. It does not get better than this.
1. Square Space does a great job at offering beautifully designed and contemporary templates.
2. Its user-interface is awesome and there are many import tools that you can use for importing content.
3. It offers many design options and comes with email marketing tools.
1. Square Space still has a long way to go when it comes to GDPR compliance.
2. It does not have a multi-currency functionality which makes it difficult to use for online stores that have a global audience.
3. Limited payment gateway options such as PayPal and Stripe.
1. Personal: The plan costs $12 and is suitable for simple websites.
2. Business: Costing $18, the plan is suitable for online stores.
3. Online Store (Basic): The plan costs $26 and it does not have any transaction fees.
Sellfy is a robust platform that you need to know about. It is designed for professionals and businesses that want to sell goods or services online. Set up a store and display products with Sellfy. It is incredibly easy to use. Build a store within just five minutes.
There is no quicker service out there. Even if you already have a website, you can still use Sellfy to buy buttons and embed products on your website.
It is the ultimate eCommerce solution that integrates payment processing, utilizes marketing tools and analytics, and offers users access to plenty of third-party apps.
With the platform, you can make a logo, change the navigation, edit the layout, and more. Take advantage of the full shopping cart functionality provided by Sellfy. Moreover, you can even let customers select the language of their choice.
There is no limit to how many products you want to showcase in your store. Besides, there is no overall storage limit, but it is recommended to ensure that individual files are not more than 5GB in size.
1. Sellfy processes online payments in over 20 currencies. Besides, payment information is secured.
2. It perfectly integrates Twitter Ads Conversion Tracking, Zapier, Facebook Live Support, Google Analytics, and other tools to provide you with the best experience.
3. It lets you develop an amazing online store with minimum effort.
1. App integration options are quite limited.
2. Only two payment processors are available.
3. The website customization capabilities tend to be restrictive.
1. Starter: Costing $29 a month, the plan offers basic options.
2. Business: It costs $59 and is suitable for most businesses.
3. Premium: Spend $129 on the Premium plan and benefit from its endless features.
Domain.com is one of the oldest platforms in the market. It has been around since 2002 and has come a long way.
The Washington-based company offers a smart website builder that allows you to take your project or business online with minimal effort.
Its intelligent building technology makes it a lot easier for users to design, edit, and build a website. The site that you develop with Domain.com would look great on desktop, mobile, and just about any other device.
Many people still think that Domain.com only offers to host services. However, its website builder is a tough contender, which is why it had to be included in this post.
The platform is easy to navigate. You can select the product of your price and get started. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Domain.com.
1. The site builder is one that you will enjoy using. Its user-friendly interface makes website creation seem like a walk in the park.
2. Another great thing about Domain.com is that it is designed for mobile optimization. This means that no screen would be left behind.
3. Domain.com is fully scalable, secure, and customizable.
1. DIY support might be difficult for newbies. Some coding knowledge is required.
2. Not many template options.
3. Not as easy to use as claimed.
1. Starter: The plan costs $1.99 a month. It is perfect for launching a new website.
2. Business: The business plan means business. It costs only $6.99 a month and is suitable for small businesses that want to compete with bigger brands.
3. E-Commerce: Scale your ecommerce site with the e-commerce plan. It costs only $12.99 a month.
3DCart has become quite popular in recent times. It is a powerful website builder that provides a ton of features. It makes building extremely easy. You do not need any coding skills to launch your site with 3DCart.
Powering over 23,000 stores worldwide, use this eCommerce building platform to construct the ultimate online store from scratch.
Since it is a hosted solution, you do not need to download any software and can start getting work done. Add new products and manage your store on this easy-to-use platform. Its advanced and optimized structure will handle all your products.
Moreover, you do not need to worry about any transaction fees. 3DCart offers 24/7 free tech support. Hence, no matter what time of the day it might be, you can seek help at all times.
It also provides integration with Facebook, Google Shopping, Amazon, and eBay.
1. One of the best things about 3DCart is the fact that it provides users with unlimited product storage options.
2. 3DCart provides a wide variety of payment gateways. It seamlessly integrates with different payment gateways to ensure that your customers benefit from incredible flexibility when checking out.
3. Awesome phone and chat support. Take advantage of their prompt support.
1. It is not the most intuitive platform in the market. Thus, you might find it difficult to use the platform.
2. There are supplementary charges that you need to consider.
3. There are limited free templates.
1. Mini: It costs only $19.99 a month.
2. Starter: Is available for $35.99 a month and is suitable for SMEs.
3. Professional: The plan costs $65.99 a month and is excellent for corporations.
If you want to launch a website, Site123 is the perfect solution for you. Its use is growing at a rapid rate—people like that the fact that it is an entirely scalable platform.
The Israeli-based website builder claims to be extremely easy to use and boasts an intuitive user interface.
When it comes to selecting a website builder, many things need to be considered, such as pricing, convenience, and functionality. Site123 seems to understand all your concerns and provides a platform where you can quickly build a website.
Site123 provides you with everything that you could possibly need to start and grow a website. It offers complete control over customization.
Thus, you get to make all the changes based on your requirements. It asks you a few questions to determine the type of template that would suit your website best. Site123 is designed for people who want a website with minimal fuss.
1. It is a very easy to use platform.
2. The templates are fully tablet and mobile responsive.
3. It offers brilliant support to its users.
1. Once the site goes live, it is not possible to change templates.
2. Site123 does not offer much creativity and flexibility to users.
3. Its features tend to lack real quality and depth.
Although beginners can get started with a free plan that provides 500MB storage, it makes sense to get a plan for more storage. The following plans are available. They are based on an annual contract.
1. Basic: It costs just $10.80 a month.
2. Advanced: Access more features with the advanced plan. It costs $16.80 a month.
3. Professional: It costs $22.80 and offers superior support.