What is a web hosting service?
A web host provider is an internet hosting service that allows you to post your website on the internet and enables your visitors to access your site. They are companies that offer server space and internet connectivity to their clients- you.
In simple words, if you wish to make a website and have a platform online, you will need a web hosting company to get you that space on the internet. Without this, you will not be able to survive, and your audience will not reach you.
How does web hosting work?
You hire one of these companies to create a website of your choice, with details and features that you choose and make you exist online. A hosting provider offers you several facilities and features such as email accounts, FTP access, and WordPress support.
First, you will require a domain name and an email account. Then, FTP access will give you the leniency of uploading files to your website or platform. Lastly, WordPress is an online tool meant to create and manage sites. Most web hosting companies are WordPress-compatible. If not, they will tell you right away.
Once the entire procedure finishes and your website is up, anyone can access it using your domain name or web address. They simply type it in the web browser and voila! There you are with your brand new website and fresh content.
Founded in 2006, Greengreeks is an environmentally friendly service provider that offers convenient services under budget-friendly plans. WordPress-optimized plans are also a part of the program. Since its birth, the company has hosted over 500,000 websites and has successfully satisfied more than 45,000 clients.
The plans and offerings by Greengeeks have a specific design for beginners or intermediate website owners with minimal to moderate amount of knowledge on the subject. You get multiple services such as WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, and VPS hosting on a single platform.
They include essentials such as email accounts, data transfers, and tools to increase performance. Security, reliability, E-Commerce capabilities, technical support, and developer-friendly environments are among the many features that the platform offers.
Services start from a minimum of 2.95 dollars a month, which is the lite package suitable for small websites and blogs. You can also choose the pro pack that starts from 5.95 dollars a month if you have a growing site that needs more resources and speed.
Lastly, if you have a jam-packed website or an online store, you might want to choose the premium package that costs 11.95$ a month. Plus, Greengeeks guarantees a 30-day money-back guarantee and no hidden fees whatsoever.
• The backups are automated and protect your content.
• The security is layered and one of the best in the market.
• The carbon credit buybacks reduce 300% of their footprint.
• Some hosts are cheap in terms of quality.
• There are no Asian data centers.
Since its launch in 2001, Imotion Hosting has served more than three hundred thousand customers. Along with excellent performance and enhanced services for the clients, Imotion offers much more. You get free site transfer, premium Sucuri plugin for WordPress users, and integrations for payment procedures.
For this reason, it is excellent for E-Commerce opportunities. These integrations include Google apps and super secure defense systems. You also get free SSD drives. There are included with all hosting plans, free domains, and a secure IMAP email.
You can avail of the free one-click installer to install over 400 different applications. You can also choose your data center for maximum speed zone.
They have three different plans for their clients. The Launch plan starts from approximately $11 a month and is best suited for starting an online business. Next, the Power plan for small businesses costs you around $15 a month and gives you more power and flexibility for your heavy traffic.
Lastly, the pro plan for developers and growing companies charge approximately $24 every month and provide maximum speed and performance.
• Offer 99.95% uptime.
• They have brilliant customer support.
• The launch plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, whereas the power and Pro plan come with 90-days money-back guarantee.
• Provide applications and integrations, such as WordPress.
• You only get budget-friendly prices for a 24-month sign-up.
• The server speed is relatively slow.
• The verification process is also slightly delayed.
Overall, Cloudways comprises powerful servers and delivers robust and affordable web hosting services. They have excellent customer support that helps you with your queries, issues, and doubts. Everyone on the team is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.
You can get a free trial before officially being a paying client to the company if you want. You get to choose any of their plans and test it out before you make a final decision. If you do decide to start paying and purchase a plan for good, there are four types of these.
They range from a minimum of $10 a month to a maximum of $80 a month, and their features vary accordingly. You can look at their details on the website and choose one that suits your requirements and preferences.
However, all of them feature automated backups, auto-healing, free migration, team management, and many other basic essential features. They also claimed to have 24/7 customer service to help you with your queries.
Plus, if you want to cancel your cloudways account, you can delete your servers without being charged any further. You will only pay for what was due until the server was active.
• The setup is straightforward and convenient.
• The uptime is excellent.
• It supports several different apps.
• Purchasing emails can cost you extra.
• There is no option for registration of a domain.
• The refund policy is quite elaborate and complex.
Bluehost is present in the market since 2007. In 2011 the company was acquired by the EIG. Currently, they host more than 3 Million websites on their servers.
Moreover, Bluehost is one of the most popular and low priced hostings. It is best for both the new and old websites. People also prefer Bluehost because of their excellent support system.
If you ever get into a problem while working on your website, then you can instantly get in touch with their support by phone or live chat.
Furthermore, they offer a variety of different features to fulfill your website needs. One of the examples of their website feature is their SEO tool that tracks your website performance and tells you about your website SEO score.
Bluehost SEO tool will help you to find out your website is ranking on which position for a specific keyword.
With the information you get from their tool, you will get a better idea of how to optimize your site so you will get better rankings. Additionally, Bluehost is an excellent fit for WordPress websites as it is officially recommended by WordPress.
- Free SSL certificate
- 99% uptime
- Easy to use and customized C-panel
- Free domain registration
- Offer site transfers both paid and free. In free, you need to do it yourself manually, but in the paid version, you can quickly transfer up to 5 sites.
- Cloudflare integration to speed up your site.
- More than average security features.
- Lots of tools add-ons.
- Comes with a free site builder.
- Budget level pricing
- No hidden charge
- Dependable server uptime
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Provide Less storage amount with basic plans.
- A lot of add-ons are available during checkout that can increase the price if they remain selected.
- Shared Web Hosting: Basic = $2.95 per month, Plus = $5.45 per month, Choice Plus = $5.45 per month, Pro = $13.85 per month.
- VPS Hosting: Standard = $18.99 per month, Enhanced = 29.99 per month, Ultimate = $59.99 per month.
- Dedicated Web Hosting: Standard = $79.99 per month, Enhanced = $99.99 per month, Premium = $119.99 per month.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Build = $19.95 per month, Grow = $29.95 per month, Scale = $49.95 per month.
- E-commerce Web Hosting: Starter = $6.95 per month, Plus = $8.95 per month, Pro = $12.95per month.
Hostgator was found in 2002, and it is quite a popular cloud and shared hosting provider. Currently, Hostgator hosts more than 2 million sites on its servers.
The company offers various how-to guides to make things easy for its members. However, they do not provide any type of email support, but the option for live chat and phone calls is available.
Hostgator offers various flexible features such as unmetered bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, built-in cache plans, etc. Moreover, all their hosting plans come with a free SSL certificate and a free domain for a year, which is a great thing.
If anyone wants to build a custom site, then they can use their site builder tool, which is a drag and drop tool and very user friendly for beginners.
- Full C-panel support
- 99.9% Uptime
- Affordable Prices
- 45 days refund policy
- Excellent customer service
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Disk space
- Free website transfer
- Unlimited email accounts
- Multiple Datacenters
- Speedy Hosting
- Flexible Plans
- Provide a fair amount of storage
- Unlimited MYSQL database
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Constant up-sell
- The interface could be more simple
- Shared: Basic = $2.75 per month, Better = $3.95 per month, Best = $5.95 per month.
- Cloud: Basic = $4.95 per month, Better = $6.57 per month, Best = $9.95 per month.
- WordPress: Basic = $5.95 per month, Better = $7.95 per month, Best = $9.95 per month.
- Reseller: Basic = $19.95 per month, Better = $24.95 per month, Best = $24.95 per month.
- VPS: Basic = $29.95 per month, Better = $39.95 per month, Best = $49.95 per month.
- Dedicated: Basic = $118.99 per month, Better = $138.99 per month, Best = $148.98 per month.
Over the many years of its existence, WP Engine has served over 120,000+ customers in more than 100 countries. With regular backups and excellent customer service, WP ENGINE is an excellent choice for high-quality hosting with superior uptime.
The company gives you flexibility on the cloud platform, and you get to choose from different plans. These include the startup plan, the growth plan, the scale plan, and the larger businesses’ custom plan.
These plans range from a minimum of $35 a month to $95 to a maximum of $290 a month. They have different features and facilities.
If you wish to start a new website or a blog, it would be wise to choose the startup plan since it has all the essentials you’ll need and costs an affordable price. Similarly, the growth plan is perfect for growing businesses that require tools and features to enhance their business.
If you have a more complex website and need a higher capacity, the scale plan would be the best way to go. However, if you have a large business and mission-critical website, the custom package provides you high performance, first support response, and managed onboarding for your particular needs.
• It has excellent uptime.
• Their security is specific to WordPress.
• They provide daily backups.
• You get thread detection in real-time.
• It does not offer an email address.
• You cannot purchase domains here.
• The phone support is limited for startup plans only.
Kinsta is known to create the best websites that are fast, efficient, and can simultaneously handle several visitors. You get plenty of useful additional features such as automated backups, monitoring and security systems, and a user-friendly environment.
The starter and Pro plans start from 30 dollars a month to 60 dollars a month, respectively. They are great for people who are starting a new website or growing it. Both of these plans offer free SSL and CDN.
Other programs include business plans for $100 a month and enterprise plans for $600 a month, and you can select your favorite out of these packages depending on your needs and budget.
Overall, the plans are very flexible and allow easy upgrade or downgrade with no fixed-term contracts. The company also offers two months free if you pay yearly, and you get instant prorated refunds.
Apart from this, you also get security, Google cloud platform, ultimate speeds, and free migrations. They have already worked with international companies such as TripAdvisor, Flippa, Drift, Buffer, MariaDB, and several more.
• It has an uptime of 99.9%, which means that your website will be live for a maximum amount of time.
• The platform is easy-to-use.
• You get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
• There are no domain registrations on the platform.
• They don’t host emails either.
Overall, Hostwinds is a customer-centered web hosting company that gives priority to its clients and audience. For this particular reason, the users and customers were also very fond of the company.
The platform provides hosting plans, including shared hosting, business hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting, managed hosting, and unmanaged hosting.
You can choose one out of three different plans, namely basic costing 3.29 dollars, advanced priced 4.23 dollars, and the ultimate plan for 5.17 dollars a month.
If you are a fresh, naive website owner or want to start a new website, with a starting price of 3.29 dollars a month, the basic shared package gives you unlimited bandwidth and disk space, and one domain.
Plus, as a bonus, the live chat feature is a massive help for those who feel lost on the website or need some fast, specific guidelines.
You would like to know that the company won several awards for its excellent services and performance for added trust. These include the findmyhost.com editors choice, The Great User Experience 2018 award by Finances Online, and an award for being The Best Of The Year 2018 PCmag.com.
• The services are affordable.
• The company centers its services towards the customers.
• The uptime is pretty high and gives your website maximum stability.
• Customer support is excellent, 24/7 available, and very friendly.
• You get a 60-day money-back guarantee.
• The data server options are limited.
• The refunding mechanism of the company has certain limitations and conditions.
On DreamHost, you find multiple services such as shared website hosting, VPS hosting, managed WordPress hosting, dedicated server hosting, and cloud hosting, all on the same platform. They also offer free WordPress migrations and domain names for 7.99 dollars starting price.
With an average uptime of 99.9 4%, Dreamhost is a crowd favorite for its above-average speed of 648ms. You get unlimited bandwidth and storage, free SSL, and a free domain for the first year. This platform’s starting price is 2.59$ per month for WordPress hosting, and the renewal price stays the same.
The other plans involve website hosting and VPS hosting that cost 2.59$ and $10.00 per month, respectively. You can choose cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, and WP website builder for various prices as well.
The company won the Editors Choice Award by PCMag for five years consecutively. Plus, their live chat support is friendly, professional, and helps resolve customer issues.
• It is a carbon-neutral company.
• There are no limits to the disk space and network transfer.
• The limits to the basic plan are very high and convenient.
• You get a 97-day money-back guarantee.
• It has limited live chat support.
• They don’t offer a custom panel.
• They only offer paid migrations.
Developed in 2004 in Bulgaria, Siteground has served over 2 million domains all over the world. The platform offers shared hosting, email hosting, cloud hosting, domain registration, and enterprise solutions.
Siteground provides tools and services that help build fast and secure websites and make website transfer smoother. The platform is Google cloud-powered, and they offer SSD persistent storage, ultra-fast networking, and a 100% renewable energy match.
Plus, the service provider insurance maximum security for your website to be in peace that your data is secured.
Along with free site migration for one website and its excellent customer service, Siteground offers a loading time of 673ms. This speedy performance means that your site will gather more audience and ultimately go higher in search results ranking.
You get unmetered bandwidth, website builder, a free email, and 10 GB storage. The starting price of these services is 6.99 dollars a month, which raises to 14.99 dollars a month when it renews.
• You get a 30-day money-back degree.
• An uptime guarantee of 99.99%.
• It offers features for beginners as well as advanced businesses.
• You get a free SSL certificate and a CDN (content delivery network).
• The renewal rates are higher than the original ones.
• The cheap plan has certain limitations to it.
• You don’t get a free domain name.
Liquid Web was founded in 1997 and has served over 32000 customers. Its international clients include Home Depot and Motorola. As we discussed earlier, a business’s professional career and background play a significant role in deciding whether a company can be trusted.
They offer 24/7 access and 99.999% uptime with services that are fast, hassle-free, extremely secure. They also provide managed hosting, managed solutions, and distributed applications. You get to choose from various services such as dedicated servers, VPS hosting, cloud dedicated, private VPS parent, and cloud sites.
Liquid web helps you pick the right hosting plan for your needs, migrate your site, store, or your application, and keep your server and OS updated to ensure it is secure.
Apart from this, you also get full management for a complex hosting environment and proactive management for your hosting, including availability, security, and network.
You get to choose from four different cases, including VPS starting from $59 a month, Dedicated for 199$ minimum, WMware private cloud starting from approximately $1600, and managed WordPress for about $20 a month.
• A variety of high-performance plans.
• Its customer support is one of the leading ones in the industry.
• It is probably the only host that offers a 100% uptime guarantee and all the other features.
• It only offers advanced plans and no shared hosting.
• The organization of the knowledge base is not high-quality.
Tsohost is a provider based in the UK. The company offers daily backups and free SSL, along with custom web consoles. You can opt for an entry-level plan, which starts at a minimum of 2.15 dollars a month. This plan gives you a two-year sign-up and gives you storage and unlimited bandwidth.
Tsohost gives you four types of plans. The economy plan is best suitable for primary resources and startup websites, and it starts from a minimum of £3.99 a month. The Deluxe package offers more space and flexibility, and it charges approximately & pounds;6 a month.
The other two are ultimate and maximum packs, which cost £8.99 and £14.99 a month. These are suitable for more sophisticated platforms, more massive traffic, high-resolution content, and multiple websites.
The performance is excellent, the technical support system provides accurate answers to queries, and you get a 30-days money-back guarantee. Furthermore, TsoHosting offers steel security, 99.9% uptime, and free website migration. You also get a free domain name.
• Their process and pricing are transparent.
• You get free backups every day.
• The plants and options were flexible and convenient.
• You only get 500 MB of storage if you opt for the entry-level plan.
• The technical support system is not as fast as others in the market. Their response time is slow.