Whether you are running a podcast or working in a global company, you need to employ transcription software. It allows for speech to be converted and makes everything convenient as it documents spoken words.
In this age of globalization, almost all companies need transcription software. It allows you to have an editable transcript of interviews, speeches, phone calls, and much more.
However, you can only benefit from this if you have the best transcription software that caters to your needs. That is why it is essential to know what to look for when choosing transcription software.
If you are looking for the best transcription software, you are in the right place. Here is your complete guide to choosing the best for your podcast or company to have a record of everything.
According to all its users, Sonix is the most accurate transcription software you will find. Millions of users utilize the software, and they are more than happy with the results.
However, Sonix is not your traditional transcription software. It is an online platform that will give you a transcript in less than five minutes.
If you are a researcher, podcaster, journalist, author, or content creator, you will benefit the most from this. It is quick, affordable, and one of the most accurate software.
Sonix supports a wide variety of languages, and you can easily analyze and any audio or video. You can create subtitles and captions within minutes for your content.
Besides that, the best part is that Sonix allows endless integrations and many API options. So, whether you are a big organization or a content creator, you can benefit from Sonix.
- Voice Recognition: Recognizes voice patterns and speech variances
- NLP: Utilizes natural language processing
- Speech-To-Text Analysis: Analyzes and transcribes speech to text
- Audio/Video Upload: This allows you to upload audio and video files for transcription
- AI/Machine Learning: Based on intelligent machine learning models
- Offers a quick turnaround time
- Offers many online and collaboration tools
- Offers various integrations
- Results can be inconsistent sometimes
- Standard (Pay-As-You-Go): $10/hour. It is perfect for project-based work
- Premium (Subscription): $5/hour plus $22/user/month. If you choose to bill annually, you will save 25%
- Enterprise (Subscription): These are customized quotes, so you will have to contact the vendor for pricing
Happy Scribe originates from Dublin, Ireland. However, it has spread to many countries as it provides one of the best transcription software.
Many journalists, researchers, and podcasters use the software for their content. That is because it is reliable and can accurately convert any audio speech into text.
Happy Scribe is a cloud-based software. You can easily convert any audio or video file into a text document.
The best part is storing acronyms, proper nouns, and other terms for reference later. It allows you to create your custom vocabulary for the most accurate results.
Such features will allow you to improve your SEO with subtitles. So, Happy Scribe is a complete solution and transcription software.
In the long run, it will help you boost your SEO and web traffic. You can utilize it to increase your audience as it supports 119 languages.
- Timecoding: This allows you to add timestamps in your video
- Automatic Transcription: The software will automatically transcribe the audio or video file
- Subtitles/Closed Captions: This allows you to add subtitles and captions to your video content
- Multi-language: Offers 119 languages for transcription
- Text Editing: You can easily make edits to the text
- Provides incredibly accurate results
- Affordable pricing
- Can easily identify multiple speakers in the audio or video
- Automatic punctuation
- Offers a wide variety of languages for you to choose from
- No option of live transcription
- Limited integrations
- Free Plan: Offers auto-loop, rewind, and pause
- Automatic Transcription: €0.20/minute. Offers 85% accuracy
- Professional Transcription: €1.70/minute. Offers 99% accuracy
InqScribe is based in the United States and has slowly gained traction for transcription. That is because it is a great solution to streamline the process of manual transcription.
It is incredibly intuitive, and you can work with audio and video digital files. The best part is that you can store your media files wherever you like.
That is because InqScribe can play files from URLs, flash drives, hard drives, CDs, and much more. The ease with which you can do transcription from the software is unparalleled.
To refer to a certain point in the transcript, you can easily add time codes. It allows you to jump to that point and refer to the transcription.
In the long run, InqScribe will help you optimize and streamline your workflow in no time. The transcription will be done within minutes, and you can export the transcription in various formats.
- Text Editing: You can easily edit the transcribed text
- File-Sharing: Easily share your files with other people
- Subtitles and Closed Captions: Add subtitles or closed captions to your video content
- Multi-Language: Offers a wide variety of languages
- Playback Controls: You can easily refer to various points of the transcription with playback controls
- Allows you to export in various formats
- You can easily optimize the transcription process with the software
- Loaded with unique features
- Streamlines manual transcription
No free version or trial
You have to purchase an individual license of the software for $99. For more details on this, you will have to contact the vendor.
Transcribe by WReally is one of the most simple transcription tools you will find out there. It can easily transcribe audio and videos with the help of dictation.
All of this happens through a basic web interface. Transcribe has made the entire process of transcription incredibly simple with their tool.
The software offers two solutions to users. You can either use the software for self-transcribing, or you can rely on automatic transcription.
Save thousands of hours of work by simply converting lectures, interviews, podcasts, and much more. Their dictation engine is incredibly useful as it will convert your speech to text as you go long.
If you opt for the transcription software for your business, you will save time and effort. Employees in your business can focus on their work, and their productivity will be boosted.
That is because they will not have to spend hours doing tedious transcription. Transcribe supports a wide variety of languages so users can benefit from the best.
- Timecoding: This allows you to add timestamps in your video
- Abbreviation Detection: Detects abbreviations and transcribes accordingly
- Automatic Transcription: Automatically transcribes all your audio and video uploads
- File-Sharing: You can share your files with others
- Text Editing: This allows for the easy editing of text
- You can create templates
- Quick and easy transcribing
- Dictation option is available, which makes it easier to transcribe
- Filters out background noise and easily picks up speech
The software may have trouble transcribing various accents
- Self-Transcription: $20/year
- Automatic Transcription: $20/year plus $6/hour
- Custom Plan: Transcribe offers group licenses for teams. For more information on this, you will have to contact the vendor.
Otter is one of the most popular transcription software you will find out there. It offers real-time transcription of meetings and conversations as they are happening.
The best part about the software is that it is the most accurate software than others in the market. However, even Otter will not give you 100% accuracy.
That is because the technology has a long way to go, and that makes Otter the most viable option. The software is available for Android, desktop, and iOS devices.
You can easily focus on the conversation, and Otter will get the job done as you go along. Your teams will be more engaged and productive as they will not have to transcribe in the long run.
You can create real-time transcripts using photos, videos, text, audio, and much more. After that, you can easily export the transcription to different places.
Otter also supports many video conferencing systems. These include Skype, Zoom, Hangout, and many others.
The transcription software is also secure as it asks for two-factor authentication. So, you can easily transcribe all your confidential information in no time.
- Video Conferencing: You can easily transcribe all your video conferences with Otter
- Two-Factor Authentication: Such authentication is done to enhance the security of the software
- Reporting and Analytics: Generates detailed reports and provides valuable insights
- Text Editing: You can easily edit the transcribed text
- Automatic Transcription: Automatically transcribes all your files
- High accuracy
- Offers cross-conversation speaker identification
- Provides a free plan with many features
- You can easily search and go back to previous transcriptions
Needs to have more advanced account settings
- Basic Plan: Free
- Pro: $8.33/month, billed annually
- Business: $20/month/user, billed annually
If you want a smart captioning and transcription solution, then Verbit is the ideal choice for you. It can generate detailed speech-to-text files with 99% accuracy.
The best part is that all your transcriptions will be delivered at a record-breaking speed to you. That is because the AI is highly intelligent and responsive that makes everything easy for users.
The software will also give you visibility into the uploaded files. These will be processed in real-time as you view them.
Verbit uses a machine-learning algorithm model. That means each time you use the software, and it will be more accurate than before.
The highly intelligent and adaptive technology will allow you to have the most accurate results every time. So, if you want a complete and highly intelligent solution, then Verbit is the perfect choice for you.
- Advanced Voice Recognition AI Technology: Produces highly accurate results
- Real-Time Status Updates: Will transcribe in real-time as you go along
- Verbit Cloud Portal: Save all your files here to access later on
- Third-Party Integrations: Integrates with many third-party applications and services
- Automatic Transcriptions: Produces automatic transcriptions
- Easy to set up and doesn’t require technical knowledge
- Packed with many unique features
- Can be used by many industries such as education, media, legal, and many others
- Easy-to-use interface
- Lives up to its 99% accuracy rating
- Needs to have solutions for more complex workflows and organizations
- Only has basic reporting features
- Standard: Meets basic student requests and ADA compliance
- Professional: Meets complete ADA compliance
- Premium: Complete ADA compliance and fully accessible courses
To learn about the pricing of these plans, you will have to contact the vendor. That is because they don’t disclose their pricing to users.
Trent is one of the most efficient and innovative transcription software out there. It will generate your transcription within minutes.
The software is created by journalists, and now it is being used by many professional teams across many industries. These include industries of education, healthcare, law, research, marketing, and many others.
Print leverages AI, NLP, and machine learning to automatically transcribe various files. After that, it turns the audio or video into an editable, searchable, and shareable transcript in no time.
You can also realign your timecodes to match the source file. All these features are why this is one of the most popular transcription software out there.
- Voice Recognition: Easily recognizes various voices in the files you upload
- Multicolor Highlights: You can select texts, highlight them, and export them to compare with other text
- Multiple Accent and Language Support: Supports many languages and accents
- Interactive Transcripts: Transcripts generated are interactive and engaging
- Multi-Format Support: Supports multiple formats for import, export, and sharing of files
- High-powered AI
- Produces interactive and professional transcripts
- You can easily search and edit any transcript you like
- Various collaboration tools
- Easy to setup
- Comes with a learning curve
- API needs a bit of improvement
- Starter: $48/month, billed annually. Allows one user, and you can transcribe 84 files per year.
- Advanced: $60/month, billed annually. Offers unlimited daily transcription
- Pro: $68/month, billed annually. One user and unlimited transcriptions
- Pro Team: $68/user/month, billed annually. Allows two to fifty users and unlimited transcription
- Enterprise: Unlimited users and transcriptions. You will have to contact the vendor for pricing.
Maestra is a cloud-based software that allows for automatic transcription of audio, video, and much more. It offers more than a hundred languages, which means you can increase your business’s reach globally.
The software has three main aims. These include transcription, subtitle/caption generator, and automatic voiceovers.
That is why you can use the software to boost your online presence. If you do video or content marketing, then this is the best tool to have.
You can also proofread and edit captions to make any changes you like. Maestra gives you the power to easily correct anything you like without charging anything extra.
So, with the software, you will have complete control over your transcriptions. After all, that is what we want, isn’t it?
- Multi-Language Support: Supports many languages for ease of transcription
- Closed Captions/Subtitles: Easily generate captions and subtitles
- AI/Machine Learning: Uses machine learning model, which means results will be consistent every time
- Text Editing: You can edit all the text from the transcription
- Full-Text Search: The text is easily searchable whenever you need to find something
- Can convert audio and video files
- Easy to setup
- Easy to navigate
- Fast and reliable
- Supports thirty official languages
Files can only be exported in DocX and PD
- 5 Hours Per Month: $29/month
- 10 Hours Per Month: $49/month
- 20 Hours Per Month: $99/month
- Enterprise: Custom plan and quotes for which you will have to contact the vendor
If you are a modern content creator or business, Descript is the perfect choice for you. It provides users with many collaboration tools that make transcription a breeze.
With the help of Descript, you can upload your audio or video files, edit the transcripts, and collaborate with teams. It will be of best use to people in market research, journalism, podcasting, and media creation industries.
That is why it is one of the most inclusive transcription software out there. You can also integrate with third-party solutions such as Google Drive, Evernote, and many others.
- Collaboration: You can share your projects with a weblink
- Overdub: You can create ultra-realistic text to speech transcription
- Transcription: Highly accurate and powerful transcription
- Edit Text: You can edit video and audio with texts
- Speech Recognition: Recognizes speech patterns and variances
- Easy video editing
- Accurate transcriptions
- Includes a cataloged library of videos
- Easy to create a project
- Saves time
Comes with a learning curve
- Free Plan
- Creator: $12/editor/month
- Pro: $24/editor/month
- Enterprise: Custom plan with custom pricing
Last but not least, we have Audext. If you need a tool to transcribe using media players and text editors, this is the best solution.
Audet is specifically designed for companies, students, researchers, podcasters, and many others. You can use the software to save valuable time by transcribing audio to the text within minutes.
The best part is that it is at least two hundred times faster than many other transcription tools. You will be saving time and making use of the best software at affordable prices.
Audet also supports many video and audio formats. These include WAV, MP4A, MP3, and many others so you can achieve ease and convenience.
- Automatic Transcription: Automatically transcribes all the files you upload
- Speech-To-Text Analysis: Analyzes speech carefully to turn into text
- Multi-Format Support: Supports various audio and video formats
- Playback Control: You can control the playback
- Highlight: You can highlight text to refer to it later
- The speech recognition technology is incredibly resourceful
- Affordable pricing
- Supports many recording formats
- Highly accurate
- Fast and reliable
- Difficulty supporting large-sized files
- Can use more features
- Classic: 30-day free trial
- Subscription: $30/month
- Enterprise: Custom plan and pricing
How To Choose Good Transcription Software?
Before we move onto the best software in the market, you need to have a framework. An evaluation framework will allow you to choose the best transcription software that caters to your needs.
Here are some of the questions you need to ask when choosing the software:
- Does the software automatically convert video and audio to text?
- Can it identify speakers and tag them in the transcript?
- What is the accuracy rate of the software?
- What is the cost of the transcription software?
- Does the software have adequate tools for you to edit the transcript when done?
- What languages does the software support?
- How secure is the software when you need transcriptions of confidential content?
- What formats does the software allow you to download your transcripts in?
- Does the software automatically add timestamps to the transcript?
- Does the software allow you to dictate your voice directly and convert it into text?
These are the top things you need to consider when choosing the best transcription software. Figure out what you need and use these questions to understand if the software fulfills those needs.
The best transcription software for your business will allow you to do everything seamlessly and much more. Thanks to AI, the accuracy rate of transcription software has gone up recently.
That means you can get almost a 90% accuracy rate for audios and videos that are recorded well. Automatic speech recognition is still under research and development, which is why the rate is not 100% yet.
In the coming years, such transcription software will improve, and so will their accuracy. Another thing you need to remember is that the quality of the transcript depends on the quality of audio/video.
That is why if you want the best results, you need to indulge in high-quality recordings. Upload various recordings first and see which one produces the most accurate results.
Once you test this out, you will understand the kind of recordings the software transcribes best. You can then use the same tactics next time, so the transcription comes out as accurately as possible.
What Is Transcription Software?
Transcription software is also known as voice recognition software. The primary aim of the software is to help transcribe audio and video files.
The aim is to convert human speech into text. The software allows you to upload files, and then it works its magic.
The software is based on a machine-learning model which recognizes speech and converts it instantly. However, you need to remember that the results may not be 100% accurate every time.
That is because the model is trained to take the input of human speech. After that, it interprets it through AI and then transcribes it for you.
Such software works in a way that breaks down the audio into individual sounds. It analyzes each sound using algorithms and then finds the words that best fit that sound in a specific language.
Transcription software uses NLP (natural language processing) and deep learning neural networks. The software breaks down the speech, interprets it, and converts it into a digital transcription format.
While this may seem simple enough to read, the software has multiple intricate processes happening at the same time. However, the processes happen at such a speed that it does not take time to transcribe.
Such machine learning models and AI can transcribe human speech more quickly and accurately than humans. That is why more and more businesses are employing the use of transcription software.
It allows them to reduce costs, mistakes and transcribe everything accurately. However, the technology keeps on improving as the accuracy rate is not 100% yet.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that the text can’t be understood or interpreted. It is transcribed in such a way that it is a cohesive interpretation of the speech or video.
Certain variables affect the accuracy of the transcription. These include:
- Speech pattern
- Speed of speech
- Fluctuations in the volume of the speaker’s voice
These five variables affect the accuracy of the software immensely. However, as you keep transcribing, the machine learning model understands your speech patterns and variances.
After understanding all these variables, it adjusts its transcription accordingly. That is why you will need to give the software some time to understand your patterns accordingly.
Benefits Of Using Transcription Software
Now that you know what transcription software is and how to choose the best, you need to understand the benefits. It will allow you to understand how your business can make use of the software.
If you need fast turnarounds of your audio or video, then transcription software is the best choice for you. It can transcribe any lengthy text or video within minutes.
That is why if you need quick results, you need transcription software for your company. It will help you understand all kinds of text and get the job done in no time.
Transcription software is much quicker than human transcription. So, you will save time and effort easily.
Everyone wants to save time and utilize their resources in the best way. Instead of making your employees’ type lengthy passages, use transcription software.
Opting for the software will allow your employees to be more productive and do what they like. Transcription is a tedious task that can lower the productivity and morale of employees.
So, save your time and boost the profitability and productivity of your business by employing transcription software. It will help you keep everyone’s morale up as employees can focus on other integral tasks.
Prepare For Video Marketing Future
Did you know that video marketing is growing every year? According to Cisco, the video will represent more than 80% of all internet traffic in 2021.
However, video marketing means that voice search will increase too. More than half of all online searches will be the voice.
Businesses haven’t caught up with this, and more than 60% of businesses haven’t optimized for voice search yet. So, if you want to stand out and prepare for the future, you need transcription software.
Increased SEO Traffic
As a business in the 21st century, you can benefit the most from SEO. A study done by TAL (This American Life) proved that adding transcripts increases SEO traffic.
That is because search engines can’t watch or interpret videos. However, adding transcripts allows the search engine to properly index the material.
You can always break the transcript down and add images and other things to increase viewership. You can turn your videos/audios into blog posts to enhance your marketing efforts.
Are you a small business, and you want to grow your reach? If you do, then you can benefit the most from transcription software.
You can transcribe all your video and audio content to target more users. For example, videos can be transcribed, and subtitles in various languages can be added.
Doing this will allow you to have a larger reach as your content will resonate with more people. It is essential to reach your audience that doesn’t speak English.
Best Software Series