Businesses are going digital, and with the evolution of the digital world, it has become tough to keep track of all day-to-day operations on hard books.
Gone are the days when standard desktop applications were the only source to keep track of your projects. Today, this concept has entirely changed with the introduction of project management software.
Yes, project management software has gained popularity over the last few years. There are plenty of benefits that you can get from project management software.
Are you looking for a simple way to organize your team or plan to build a powerful way to keep track of entire tasks, deadlines, deliveries in a single platform? With project management software, you can do everything you want in handling your team digitally.
Today, the demand for project management software has increased gradually, making it nearly mandatory for every company to own software. With this, the management of clients becomes highly convenient and smooth.
Project management software helps you manage your clients and organize the processes. Moreover, it also gives you a transparent platform to overview all the activities happening in relation to your clients.
Through project management software, you can allow your team to communicate clearly and discuss their projects simultaneously.
Nifty is a project management software that is ranked first on the list and offers a plethora of benefits to fit your business management needs. The software effectively creates a comprehensive platform to communicate within the workplace and collaborate conveniently with the entire team.
This tool is highly effective for small teams, and hence it can be selected for businesses of all sizes. When compared to other project management tools, it is a fast and time-efficient option to invest,
- Workflow Collaboration Hub: Avoid missing deadlines by allowing to align your teams, automate progress reporting
- Dynamic Collaboration: Encourage team members to move forward to the conclusion of their project.
- Share Ideas: Allows everyone to offer suggestions
- Project Views: Works on Milestone View that gives you visibility into your project initiatives
- Boost Team Productivity: Monitor the time they spend on tasks
- Collaborate Using Documents: Generate collaborative documents with any team member
- Drag & Drop: You can create dashboard with drag and drop feature
- Scheduling: Easy to schedule your tasks
- Creation & Assignment: Create tasks and assign them to particular team/team-member
- Highly effective in building a clear and comprehensive platform to communicate within the workplace
- Effective project management tools with small team
- The best alternative to collaboration tools
- Offers high possibilities to add details to tasks
- Nifty is fast when compared to other previous management tools
- The software has a time delay issue
- Count for team members is low
- Free Trial: $0
- Starter: $49/month (for up to 10 team members)
- Pro: $99/month (or $79/month when billed annually) for up to 20 team members
- Business: $149/month (or $119/month when billed annually) for up to 50 team members
- Enterprise: Call for Pricing
Paymo is the second on the list of best project management software. This software is highly recommended for businesses that rely more on invoicing. Further, it offers a seamless time tracking system alongside numerous other benefits like estimate calculations, expense tracking, etc.
In short, it is a value-for-money software for businesses of any size. Whether you are a newbie or working professional, it’s easy to integrate it with your existing system.
- Milestones: Setup alerts for your milestones during the lifetime of a project
- Project Templates: Create and reuse task templates
- Gantt Charts: Offers a Gantt Chart view
- Portfolio Gantt Chart: Gives information about all projects in one screen
- Critical Path: Highlights the longest path of planned activities together
- Team’s Tasks: View all tasks across all projects together
- Comment on Tasks: Easily comment on individual tasks
- Multi-User Assigning: Assign multiple users to the same task
- Task Duration: Set time length necessary to complete a task
- Task Hours Budget: Set the number of hours required for a task
- Kanban Boards: Can define and create a workflow and move project tasks
- Task Priorities: Set task priorities
- Recurring Tasks: Create a task and set it to repeat on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis
- Quick Support: The customer care team offer quick support to your queries
- Job management: Easy to manage every job listed on the software
- Highly powerful invoicing tools
- Has seamless time tracking system
- Best for company of any size
- It’s a value for money
- Has built-in budgeting, expense tracking, time tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing, etc.
- Paymo is easy to implement and to use
- Has a professional and clean look of the invoices
- Tough to add new functionalities like Gant Charts
- Paymo does not track the cost of each project directly
- Its learning curve is a bit annoying
- Free: $0 / user / month (10 User Limit)
- Small Office: $9.95 / user / month (No User Limit)
- Business: $15.79 / user / month (No User Limit)
Airtable is yet another big name in the list of top project management software. Airtable has a highly attractive user interface that makes it an engaging tool to use. You won’t feel bored with this tool. It includes a flexible task tracking system which gives it a plus over other alternatives.
The best way to find its suitability is using its free version. It is highly recommended for the consulting industry and fits best for tech-savvy people.
- Pre-made Templates: Provides hundreds of pre-made templates to help you out
- Custom Views: Create different custom Airtable views to help you adapt to your team’s needs.
- Document Storage: Keeps project files in one place
- Task Management and Tracking: Create a basic task management system
- Third-party Integration: Supports third-party plugins called “Blocks.”
- Gallery task-tracking view: Can see all tasks in a gallery view
- Its user interface is highly attractive
- Has flexible task-tracking systems
- Sharing and working on projects is very simple and easy
- You can choose from multiple project templates available
- Very flexible and customized to meet your business needs
- Task date functions are clumsy
- It has limited user permissions
- You might face using this software without proper instructions
- Plus: $10/user per month
- Pro: $20/user per month
- Enterprise: Negotiated with client
MeisterTask is one of the most intuitive project management tools available on the internet. It offers a flexible project board that precisely showcases your workflow whether you are a team leader or a programmer.
It includes a Kanban system (event management system) that makes it a powerful tool to use and handle diversified projects with ease. It is specially built to meet the end needs of agile project teams.
It is a centralized project management software that makes reporting easy and highly convenient. What people more like about this software is its value for money trait.
Yes, its features completely work the money. This software can be further integrated with various third-party software like Zapier.
- Attachments: Attach files and images up to 200MB directly to tasks
- Unlimited Sections: Create, name and arrange as many sections as you need
- Multiple Checklists: Ensure that tasks are performed correctly and completely
- Custom Fields: Create and use custom fields to track information into your tasks
- Timeline: See all tasks within a project together with their timeline
- Due Dates: You can set goals and deadlines by setting due dates
- Time Tracking: Keep track of time spent on a task
- Task Limits: Limit the number of tasks you take on at one time
- Automations: Repeating steps in your workflow to increase efficiency
- Features Comes with ample features for task management
- Ease of Use: Very simple and easy to use interface
- Customer Service: Top class customer service
- Value for Money: Completely worth the price
- An effective task and goal management tool
- Phone app is perfectly designed to meet end needs
- Help you track and have reminders that let you be more focused on your work
- Has easy to use interface
- It helps in growing your productivity
- The notification is only sent to people with permissions or watching it
- A few other tools are easy to use compared to MeisterTask
- Lacks internal calendar
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $8.25/user/month
- Business: $20.75/user/month
Monday.com is one of the renowned names in the field of task management tools. It is a strategic planning software that helps your team enjoy working without worrying about regularly managing the tasks.
It helps you collaborate with your team, work together on your projects, and most importantly, gives you the live reports of your work done. Its dashboard is a place that gives you almost all information in one place.
With this tool, you can get rid of the painfully long email threads, messy follow-ups, unplanned meetings and get utmost satisfaction from whatever you are doing for your business and your clients.
- Well Integrated: Provide easy integration with Dropbox, Zapier, G-suite, and similar management tools
- Customer Service: Customer service team is available 24/7
- Easy Access: Provides in-depth insights into your projects or tasks
- Reporting and Analytics: Provide high-level overviews and embedded dashboards
- Customization: Teams can build custom solutions for any of their unique processes
- Easy Collaboration: Collaborators can add comments on any update
- Ease of Use: Gives ease of use with simple yet effective features
- Modern UI: Includes up-to-date Interface
- Has modern UI
- Highly customizable
- Offers in-app automations
- The software includes multiple templates
- It offers ease with just dragging and dropping
- Monday.com is super helpful for staying organized and sharing progress
- Sometimes the hyperlinks don’t carry over when spreadsheets
- Lacks CDN/Bandwidth
- Desktop version for Mac gives problem compared to online version
- Basic: ₹600seat /month | Total ₹1800 / month Billed annually
- Standard: ₹750seat /month | Total ₹2250 / month Billed annually
- Pro: ₹1200seat /month | Total ₹3600 / month Billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact for Price
Wrike is a leading task management platform that helps numerous companies manage their projects and associated tasks without mental burden. It is a highly effective tool to manage your team when working remotely.
Wrike is already serving nearly 20,000 customers with more than 2+ million users across the globe. It offers tailored solutions for creative teams, project management, product teams, and many more. In short, it is a complete suite of features to meet your custom business needs.
It is the most versatile CWM tool that delivers advanced facilities to businesses of any size. Wrike can be easily customized for any department and enable you to plan your day-to-day operations seamlessly.
- Customizable Workflows: Customize the software for your way of working
- Resource Management: This allows you to view which team members or resources are available for a project
- Easy Time Tracking: Make you able to track billable hours
- Visual Timelines: Display how the different parts fit in the overall picture
- Seamless Communication: Enables your team to have discussions in the same system
- Reporting Using Real-time Data: Allow to generate reports easily from real-time data
- Efficient Task Management: Enable you to effortlessly create project folders and organize tasks
- Organized File Management: Provides a way to track the most recent versions for file attachments
- Collaborative Editing: Allow multiple team members to access and contribute to files and documents simultaneously
- Easy to use: Entire software is highly convenient to use
- Special account types: This allows you to create special account types
- Easy to use software
- Offers special account types for creative/marketing teams
- Helps you manage both projects and ongoing work
- Good to manage sales and marketing related project
- Smooth collaboration of project with multiple departments
- Hard to choose the right plan without customer assistance
- A bit confusing UI design that restricts you to move faster
- Free; up to 5 people
- Professional ($9.80 per person per month); paid in groups of 5, 10, or 15
- Business (averaging $24.80 per person per month); for 5-200 people
- Enterprise (custom pricing); minimum of 5 people
Teamwork is a reliable project management tool that gives you a wide range of features to collaborate, plan, execute, and deliver high-end reports to clients. This tool takes care of almost everything you need to manage your business and clients.
Using Teamwork, you can easily manage every client and execute numerous marketing campaigns without worrying about deadlines. Its birds-eye-view trait is what makes it unmatched software to choose from various other options.
Teamwork is an all-in-one tool that many users recommended to use and customize as per your business requirements.
- Teamwork Timer: Track time automatically; pause when a computer goes idle and resume when active
- Boards: Organize tasks and create workflows
- Risk Register: Minimize potential risks by recording and tracking events
- Integrations: Integrate with over 45 popular modules
- Task Management: Create tasks and subtasks that can be assigned to multiple users
- Templates: Create reusable templates for different use cases
- Mobile Apps: Work from anywhere with mobile apps for iOS and Android devices
- Dashboards: Get a real-time stream of project updates and notes
- Ease-of-use: Provide easy to use interface
- Value for money: Entire features are worth the price
- Easy to use free version
- Comes with an intuitive and seamless interface
- Gives simple and intuitive design
- It includes billing and invoicing
- Offers excellent task management feature
- Includes great customization options
- Doesn’t include PDF or image markup tools
- It doesn’t include an authentication feature (no 2-factor authentication)
- Mobile version lacks adequate features that are available on web app
- Free Forever: $0
- Deliver: $10 / user / month, billed annually | $12.5, billed monthly
- Grow Recommended: $18/ user / month, billed annually | $22.5, billed monthly
- Enterprise: Contact for price
As the name suggests, Todoist is a tool for task management that is considered the #1 management tool to smoothen your work and life. With a clean and easy-to-use UI, it allows you to manage all tasks from anywhere you are.
It’s a compelling and straightforward To-Do list application. It is a highly ranked application in Apple Store, Play Store, and various other reviewing websites. Till 2007, the software was used by more than 25 million users from across the globe.
- Cross-platform: Works well on various platforms and devices
- Offline Support: Has offline functionality
- Enhanced Collaboration: Let you communicate with each other easily while working
- Intuitive UI: Offers intuitive user interface
- Customer Service: Offer high-level customer service
- Gives effortless and reliable syncing with cross-platform support
- Offers excellent features like natural language input and productivity reports
- It has an excellent interface
- Gives you collaboration features
- Can work offline
- Best to keep you focused, goal oriented, and on track
- Great tool for basic needs of project management
- Its free plan is good for many small businesses
- Highly satisfactory screenwriting feature
- A few essential features are missing in free version
- Tool misses creativity as it doesn’t include time-tracking or micro-scheduling
- You can revert the status of completed tasks
- Free: For starters – US$0
- Pro: For power users – US$3 per month (billed annually) | $4 billed monthly
- Business: For teams – US$5 per user per month (billed annually) | $6 billed monthly
TickTick is a highly featured to-do application that offers you free as well as premium options to use for your business and prepare your business for exponential growth.
It includes the drag and drops feature that lets you prepare your dashboard accordingly and customize the app as per your project requirements.
With every project, you can seamlessly add multiple details, including the due date, priority level, reminders, and many other features.
It includes the Pomodoro technique that allows you to focus on priority tasks and track your short breaks to evaluable the work performance. In short, using the TickTick is a win-win condition.
- Reminders and Siri integration: TickTick has Siri integration built-in
- Calendar and Time Blocking: This lets you schedule your day into tasks
- Smart Date Parsing: Automatically recognize all the relevant details
- Kanban for Larger Projects: Use it to see what tasks are due and what stage of the process they’re in
- Overall Pricing Overall pricing is up to the mark
- You can create “custom lists” based on your personalized criteria
- You can do Kanban boards
- Provides easy to organize To-Do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Its price is competitive and affordable compared to other alternatives
- Compatible with Siri on iOS
- Support isn’t user friendly or helpful
- Free version only limits you to 9 list
- Free: With Limited Options
- Premium: $2.99 – pay monthly | $27.99 – pay yearly
Jira software is one of the popular project management software that is highly effective for big businesses, agile teams, and numerous other tech giants to organize, manage and track daily work.
It supports Scrum, Kanban, a hybrid model, or another unique workflow, making it a highly efficient option for businesses.
With this software, you can check out all the ongoing projects and track their performance. This software gives you an easy drag and drops platform to customize the dashboard as per your project requirements.
Every user gets access to a plethora of information based on their rights. You can use this software on Android and iOS as well. Compared to other task management software, it is priced a bit high.
- Scrum Boards: Stay focused on delivering iterative and incremental value
- Roadmaps: Gives a big picture, communicate plans with stakeholders
- Kanban Boards: Give your team full visibility into what’s next
- Agile Reporting: Access out-of-the-box reports with real-time, actionable insights
- User Experience: Gives top level user experience
- Team collaboration: Offer seamless team collaboration
- Bug tracking: Lets you track bug and tackle it simultaneously
- Offers best bug tracking tool with precise notification option
- You can easily configure it for almost everything
- Can write own addon as per requirement
- Includes easy filtration
- Simple and straightforward interface
- Completely user-friendly interface
- Includes the ability to link with Confluence
- Reporting is sometimes cumbersome
- Tough for a newbie. It requires multiple movements to manage everything
- Free: $0 Always free for 10 users
- Standard: $7 per user (average) | $70 a month
- Premium: $14 per user (average) | $140 a month
- Enterprise: Billed annually.
- Data Center: USD 42,000 per year
Vendasta gives you a complete solution for businesses offering digital products & services to local businesses. It is a perfect solution for companies who are in the market and look for a feasible solution for selling, billing, and fulfilling digital solutions.
It is an ideal task management tool for media companies, telecoms, agencies, and a few others.
With this, you can sell digital products & services to more than 40,000 partners. This tool enables you to save time and effort in handling your sales, preparing your bills, and other predefined tasks with robotic process automation.
It has tons of resources to learn its use. However, it is an easy-to-use platform. Still, you can take advantage of its resources to grow your skills.
Still, many users require its training to take its best usage.
- Marketplace: Access to a world-class Marketplace of apps and services
- Task Manager: Managing all of your client’s digital fulfillment
- Snapshot Report: Makes selling solutions to local businesses a snap
- Business Center: A free portal for your clients to view your available products and services
- Sales and Success Center: A full-scale Sales CRM and pipeline management software
- Marketing Automation: Includes personalized content with email drip campaigns
- Ease of use: Gives easy to use interface
- All in one platform: Entire features on a single platform
- Offers real tools to manage new and existing clients
- Best to serve clients from all industry niches
- Includes tons of great features and resources to learn
- Highly competitive in terms of price and features
- Gives a great team to support and answer your queries
- Reduce learning time and training salespeople
- Best way to scale your business, without carrying staff overhead
- Some people require more CRM training
- A bit confusing to start and share the information whenever needed
- Adding a new product and paying for it is complicated
- Doesn’t support Zapier integration
- Free: $0per month
- Startup: $49per month
- Essentials: $299per month, billed annually
- Growth: $499per month, billed annually
Sendtask is one of the powerful tools that don’t require any registration for complete functioning. Yes, you can use it without login and continue assigning the tasks to your team. It is a free-to-use tool that lets you create to-do, organize it and create custom tags with each to-do.
You can further integrate it with top management tools, including Evernote, Slack, Emails, etc.; it is perfect software for freelancers, small marketing agencies, students, teachers, and remote workers looking for a free to use option.
It is free of cost in beta version, which lacks numerous features required for high-end functions. Further, its user interface isn’t appealing compared to other alternatives. In short, you can go for it until you don’t have high requirements. Further, you can choose it if you have a budget constraint.
- Integration, Customization: Works with third-party email where they can create and assign tasks
- Task Organization and Management: Helps users and teams to get things done via reminders and notifications.
- Project Collaboration: Enables users to send tasks to anyone with an email address
- Free to use: Entirely free to use for every business
- Easy collaboration: Gives seamless option to collaborate with the team
- Offers easy to collaborate option with teams
- Have the great ability of recurring tasks
- Easy to track projects and tasks performance
- Extremely fast and intuitive
- Allows you to assign task without even registering on the website
- Doesn’t have an appreciable user experience
- Still in beta version, which requires many more integrations to come
How To Choose Good Task Management Software?
Now comes the biggest question, i.e., how can you select a perfect-fit project management software for your business?
Not all software can satisfy your needs, and hence it becomes highly essential to filter out the right product out of many and make it ready for a fully organized outcome.
Here are some essential pointers that you must consider in decision-making.
Define Your Needs
Before anything, it’s important to dig out your pain points and find out what problems need intense solutions. After listing your issues, you can move ahead to search for a feasible option and filter out some names from your list.
Most common problems faced by businesses include time consumption in multiple meetings, overflow of emails, the unbalanced workload on the team members, disorganized project deadlines, etc.
Research Different Tools
Once you diagnose your pain points, it’s time to check out the available tools in the market. Researching will bring numerous names from the internet that might confuse you to choose the right option.
The best way to enlist any name is to get a consultation from your connections. They will definitely help you with their personal experience and suggest a reliable name.
Test the Tool
Without testing, it’s totally worthless to make a wise investment. Hence, you must take the trial version of every project management software and test whether it fulfills your requirement. Once you are sure about its suitability as per your needs, it’s good to forward.
Get Feedback: Yes, you can’t test all project management software by yourself. It’s your team who will test it, and hence you should now get their feedback to analyze which among them is good to go.
Now, you have a handsome number of project management software on your list. It’s time to match them based on their price and check which fits in your budget. Remember, investing high isn’t a good decision to get it at an affordable price from other alternatives. So, research them based on price and shortlist the best among them.
Purchase the Tool
Once you are satisfied with all aspects, it’s time to pay the buying amount and own full-fledged project management software for your business.
After buying, you should start integrating your existing clients and projects onto the project management tool and start using it for high efficiency.
What is Task Management Software?
A project management tool is the all-in-one software that can help your team to collaborate, plan, manage, optimize the available resources and deliver high-end results for the business and its associated clients.
Different management tools offer various features. Hence its prices change accordingly. Common tasks performed by a project management software includes:
Task Tracking and Assigning
Project management tools can track and assign tasks across the lifecycle.
Parent and Child Projects
With these tools, you can set up parent and child projects alongside the management of each one of them separately.
The collaboration option in project management tools includes functionalities that bring all team members together for discussion, chatting.
With the project management tool, you can even share documents that enable transparency with the team and let everyone know the current status of the client’s project.
From managing a simple project to allocating tasks among the entire team, the project management tool gives you a hassle-free option to bring all projects to one place without worrying about their timely handling and tracking. Usage of these advanced tools boosts your productivity and efficiency.
Why Do You Need Task Management Software?
Manage Your Work at One Place
When growing your business, you increase the number of clients in your basket. This brings complications in terms of management. With project management tools, you can manage each and every project in one place. This saves your time in searching for the status of an existing client.
Prioritize your Tasks
In a big team, it’s tough to allocate your daily operations and prioritize them based on their deadlines. The project management tool gives you the liberty to prioritize them accordingly and let every team member know their to-do. This way, you can maintain balance in work allocation.
Easy Team Collaboration
Today’s era demands work from home culture. This brings the heck of distance working. Interestingly this situation can bring hurdles in managing your team remotely. With the project management tools, your team can easily collaborate and communicate smoothly.
Maintain Workload Balance
Proper work distribution is big trouble with a big team. This software is the answer to such issues. With these tools, you can equally distribute your work among the team equally. It helps you maintain a proper balance between the team workload and stay assured of equal efforts from every team member.
Maintaining daily tasks and entire records for a particular client isn’t easy with traditional applications. Hence you need a fully functional tool that can be time-saving and maintain all projects in one place. Project management tools are the best answer to all such needs.
Meet Deadlines Easily
Delivering services within the given timeframe is the prime reason behind the success of every business. Project management software lets you manage your time and meet deadlines on time. It helps you stay aware of pending tasks and prioritize them with the allocated time frame.
Get Global Communication Platform
In many cases, your team members aren’t in the situation to run a physical meeting. Hence you look for a global communication channel. Many project management tools encompass this feature and let your team communicate together from any place in the world.
Track Time Investment
How much time is invested in each project, and how much is left? This query is important to ensure your team is working efficiently and is meeting the deadlines. Time spent is a great feature that you can utilize to track the performance of your team.
Save Follow-up Time
You either receive a mail for task completion or follow up for an allocated task. This is a common scenario that consumes time and effort. Project management software is an easy way to get follow-up from your team members and keep track of the entire project.
Access Projects Anywhere, Anytime
With project management software, you don’t need to wait to visit the office and check the work status of your projects. However, a project management tool gives you leverage to keep an eye on the work regardless of your position and time.