One of the many silver linings in the pandemic cloud was the efficiency of e-commerce. The ease with which materials could be ordered online with our smartphone helped to face the crisis.
But do you know how this convenience is delivered to your doorstep? Everything can be ordered and procured from groceries to essential items to not-so-essential items without stepping out of our homes.
You must have read mythological stories wherein a person observes very harsh penance to realize some wish. On the successful completion of the penance, the person is rewarded with a boon of his choice.
If you discount the fact that you have to follow any strict penance, the rest of it fits. Today, we can purchase anything at the click of a button. At the same time, businesses can manage everything using different billing software and subscription management software.
But this is neither magic nor voodoo, and this is the power of Order Management Software.
Brightpearl is a cloud-based inventory management software designed specifically for multi-channel retailers trading $1 million or above. It has a powerful automation feature for streamlining all the business processes.
Ranking among the best order management software, it focuses on integrating the whole retail ecosystem with an omnichannel support system. Further, it aligns online as well as offline sales across different platforms.
Being a powerful software, Brightpearl offers the real-time status of inventory along with an increase in sales. Furthermore, it has a built-in accounting system that gives accurate insights for demand forecasting.
Additionally, Brightpearl can integrate with major e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, eBay, Shopify, and Magento. It has a partnership with various shipping carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL for ensuring timely delivery.
Brightpearl has integrated warehouse management, supplier management, Point of Sale (POS), shipping management, and CRM.
Its automation feature increases the efficiency of order processing to 70% while reducing human error by 65%.
- Retail Management: Brightpearl offers real-time financial insights to track product sales, inventory, and logistics.
- Sales Order Management: For managing order workflows efficiently through order creation and integrated shipping in real-time, Brightpearl is the best option.
- Inventory Management: It gives automatic real-time updates of inventory across multiple channels accurately.
- Warehouse and Fulfillment: Brightpearl has various features supporting warehouse management such as barcode scanning, back-office automation, inventory counts, and flexibility in fulfillment options.
- Order Management: It has a database for centralizing order processes, purchase, inventory, and accounting to make a reliable demand forecast.
- Customer Management: The integrated CRM system supports real-time assistance to customers, suppliers, and wholesale clients.
- Efficient back-order management
- Excellent inventory management
- Can integrate with online payment gateways
- Lacks automatic features such as auto-populating the fields
- Free Trial
- Request a Quote for 1500 orders per month
QuickBooks Commerce, identified earlier as TradeGecko, is one of the best order management software. It has a cloud-based inventory that lets you manage everything from product to order.
Moreover, it automates inventory functionalities by integrating sales data with customer information. Thus, its accuracy in bookkeeping makes it the best among the billing software.
- Centralized inventory database: Having a centralized database allows businesses to manage and track inventory records across multiple locations.
- Inventory level dashboards: With flexible inventory dashboards, QuickBooks helps maintain a visual on different product stock levels.
- Stock history reporting: You can view the history of the particular products while comparing new and old stocks’ performance.
- Low stock notifications: By setting a threshold, you get automatic notifications when the product stock goes below that level.
- Bundles, kits, & variants: With QuickBooks, inventory stock for product bundles, kit orders, and product variations can be automatically adjusted.
- Asset tracking: QuickBooks uses barcode scanning or radio-frequency identification technology to check inventory assets across multiple warehouses.
- Inventory forecasting: It can make accurate inventory forecasting by suggesting economic order quantities and reorder points.
- eCommerce integrations: The inventory records can be linked and integrated to eCommerce platforms, shopping carts, POS, and payment gateways.
- Accounting integrations: Using accounting software integration, it tracks inventory costs and related metrics, including profit margin.
- Data exporting/importing: QuickBooks provides in-built data exporting/importing for transferring a large amount of inventory data records in and out of the system.
- Provides multi-channel sales integration.
- Offers automation for every business component.
- Automatic report generation.
- Supports sales and buyers’ journey.
- Supports supply chain management efforts.
- Can integrate with e-commerce tools and platforms.
- Variety of pricing of plans.
- Software bugs may erupt.
- Poor customer support.
- Founder: $39 per month
- Lite: $79 per month
- Small business: $199 per month
- Business: $599 per month
- Premium: $799 per month
Katana MRP is a smart manufacturing software. It has been designed for small-scale businesses for scheduling production processes.
Having a user-friendly visual interface, Katana allows the business to manage all operations from a centralized point. Also, it stands out as a smart master planning system in real-time.
Katana helps to prioritize orders and get a real-time update of stock level. Along with finished goods, it also gives notifications of raw materials.
By automating the production cycle, this subscription management software helps manage the minimum inventory level. Further, Katana MRP tracks stock movements in multiple warehouses.
Being an order management software, Katana gives manufacturing insights on a real-time basis along with tracking manufacturing costs.
As a part of the integration feature, Katana MRP can well integrate with Quickbooks, Xero, Shopify, and WooCommerce. With its open API, the user gets the ability to build his/her own integration.
- Production planning: Katana MRP automatically sets priorities for manufacturing tasks and gets the real-time status of production.
- Real-time inventory control and management: It automates inventory transactions and maintains and optimizes real-time inventory control.
- Sales order fulfillment: By monitoring the availability of products, possible risks of delayed deliveries can be identified, and deadlines are reprioritized.
- On-time purchasing: It helps in on-time purchasing based on material requirements along with tracking risks of delay in the supply chain.
- Accurate costing: With the help of Katana, you can track manufacturing costs to make accurate costing decisions, including actual product margins.
- Integration with eCommerce platforms: It syncs sales and purchasing with eCommerce platforms along with pushing sales orders for invoicing.
- Reasonably priced.
- Smooth integration with eCommerce platforms.
- Only one operator is allowed in the base plan.
- Essential Plan: $99 per month per user, plus $29 per additional user
- PRO Plan: $299 per month, plus $39 per additional user, plus $9 per additional operator
NetSuite is a cloud-based ERP software designed by Oracle for all businesses. It streamlines business processes along with scaling the fast growth of the business.
Apart from integrating, Oracle NetSuite automates the key functions, including financial management, tax management, revenue management, inventory management, and CRM.
With cutting-edge technology, NetSuite promises to manage all the business activities.
NetSuite is online accounting software that effectively manages all business finances. Thus, NetSuite emerges as the best billing software as well as the best order management software.
- Order-to-Cash: NetSuite covers all aspects of order processing efficiently.
- Procure-to-Pay: It has a global cloud-based software that efficiently manages all business actions.
- Financial Reporting: With an in-built Financial Reporting Builder tool, NetSuite helps create financial statements easily.
- Billing Scheduling: NetSuite gives flexibility in billing scheduling for multiple orders.
- Supply Chain Intelligence: It helps create Supply Chain Intelligence to deliver in-depth and real-time capabilities to vendors, suppliers, and customers.
- Order Fulfillment: The order fulfillment feature integrates all shipping processes with operations at multiple warehouses spread over different locations.
- Workflow Management: All business processes are streamlined and automated to save time.
- Inventory Control: NetSuite improves inventory tracking and accuracy by categorizing inventory to the volume of transactions.
- Centralized Vendor Management: The centralized vendor management feature helps monitor, maintain, and manage all business activities in a single dashboard.
- Single solution for business
- Better decision-making
- Bi-yearly upgrades
- Data security
- Run in multiple languages
- Multiple subsidiaries in various countries
- Transaction in multiple currencies
- Poor performance with modules
- Numerous integrations can be problematic and cause downtime
- No free trial
- Base license: $999 per month per user
Skubana handles all operations in a centralized way.
Being a distributed platform, it automates order management, inventory management, data analytics, sales orders, and accounting.
Skubana integrates with various e-commerce platforms and accounting software. Besides managing back-end e-commerce operations, Skubana handles order fulfillment by Amazon along with cross-channel analytics.
Furthermore, Skubana manages multi-warehousing data and gives inventory updates with respect to intelligent shipping zones. It makes intuitive order and returns processing easier and flexible.
The automated purchasing creation processes help eliminate human errors and prevent the product from going out of stock. This further improves customer support and service.
Skubana’s business intelligence feature helps to identify opportunities for reducing costs and increasing profits. With accurate insights, it helps to figure out the profitable channels for businesses.
The centralized platform of Skubana gives flexibility to shipping large volumes to different warehouses. Further, order bots tools help in automating and managing order processing, thereby saving time and money.
Skubana, one of the best order management software, synchronizes warehouses with 3PL and POS systems. It helps to achieve multi-channel profitability while giving a seamless buying experience to customers.
- One-click integration: Skubana can easily integrate with various eCommerce platforms such as Zapier, XSellco, BQool, and Amazon.
- Multi-warehousing order fulfillment: With tools such as Orderbots, FBA/FMA support, shipping rates calculator, and return labels, it helps in multi-warehousing order fulfillment.
- Inventory management: Skubana has an automatic cross-platform that manages bundle/kit inventory and prevents overselling/underselling products at multiple locations.
- Purchasing assistant: By assisting you in intuitive order processing, it helps in managing returns and automating orders as well as vendor workflow.
- Analytics: It manages accounting analytics, customer analytics, inventory analytics, orders analytics, and products analytics.
- Deal with high-volume retailers.
- Integrate with various third-party marketplace.
- Customizable with REST API.
- Relies heavily on integrations for different functionalities.
- Cluttered interface.
- Starting from $999 per month
Veeqo is a real-time inventory management solution that syncs sales channels with marketplaces. It is a cloud-based shipping platform helping online retailers to manage orders and providing a seamless customer experience.
Besides being a single and centralized platform, it manages and forecasts stock for increasing profit margins. With reliable warehousing management, it allows faster and accurate shipping of products to customers.
Thus, Veeqo streamlines shipping management by automating tasks such as booking and purchasing. By tracking real-time multi-channel data, it helps in making agile decisions.
Veeqo’s integration capability with different eCommerce platforms helps simplify retail accounting, thereby making it one of the best billing software.
- Inventory Automation: Veeqo automates tedious tasks, updates product inventory lists, and prevents backorders by supporting a multi-channel sales model.
- Inventory Insights: With Veeqo, a detailed report stating updates and trends of product data can be generated to project future sales.
- Warehousing: It provides various warehouse management tools across different warehouses at multiple locations centralized into one platform.
- Shipping Management: The shipping management tool centralizes data of packages in the shipment pipeline and automates manual processes.
- Product Management: It creates, organizes, and maintains a product catalog to let you review real-time data on inventories.
- Purchasing Tools: The purchase orders are simplified with a one-click purchase option alongside maintaining optimal inventory levels.
- Barcode Scanning: The built-in laser barcode scanner that eliminates human errors and tracks orders efficiently and accurately.
- Allows prediction of stock purchases based on sales records
- Provides insights on inventory status, sales revenue, and profit margin
- Scans and tracks inventory items using a special scanner
- Extra charges for additional features
- Accelerator Plan: $156 per month for 2 users
- High Growth Plan: $202.40 per month for 4 users
- Premium Plan: $260 per month for 5 users
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
Megaventory is a web-based order and inventory management software. It is usually used in medium-sized companies working at multiple locations for tracking orders and stock levels.
Besides providing an advanced and customizable report, it helps its users to track inventory status in real-time.
Megaventory has an order fulfillment feature that not only manages sales orders but also assists in preparing sales quotes.
Also, its data administration feature helps set restore points and take data backups to combat any uncertainty.
Megaventory can integrate with various eCommerce platforms and marketplaces. Further, its software customization feature has a rich API with barcode scanning and automatic invoice numbering.
It is available for both Android and iOS platforms. Thus, Megaventory is a perfect blend of technology and usability to enhance business performance.
- Inventory Management: Megaventory provides various inventory management facilities such as stock alerts, location transfers, serial number tracking, and multiple warehousing.
- Tracking Tools: With an easily accessible dashboard, Megaventory tracks and updates the manufacturing process, orders, labor costs, and bills of materials.
- Integrations: It can integrate with various eCommerce platforms and third-party apps, including Crossfire EDI, Magento, QuickBooks, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Zapier.
- Order Fulfillment: Megaventory has an automated order fulfillment capability to manage client sales orders, consignment sales, and supplier purchase orders.
- Data Administration: Along with administering users’ data and handling multiple currencies, Megaventory is responsible for backup and restore the data.
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Cloud-based benefits
- Mobile accessibility
- Easy interface
- Minimize cost
- Difficult to navigate dashboard on a smaller screen
- Inefficient report templates
- Pro: $135 per month for 5 users
SellerActive provides end-to-end solutions for managing inventories and logistics. It has been designed for small-scale to medium-sized businesses that sell a physical product on one or more marketplace.
Being an e-commerce listing management software, SellerActive automatically reprices the product and syncs it across e-commerce platforms. It automates repricing using algorithmic, rule-based, and velocity-based methods.
Additionally, SellerActive gives real-time visibility of product listings on multiple marketplaces. It also prevents products from going out-of-stock by providing insights on the dashboard.
SellerActive automates all business tasks and optimizes listings on various marketplaces. It eliminates not an only human error but also minimizes manual work.
Further, SellerActive provides live customer support and service with no hidden or transaction fees.
- Multi-channel eCommerce Management: SellerActive helps to create as well as publish product listing on various eCommerce platforms, including Amazon, eBay, and Walmart.
- Order Management: With a single dashboard, it allows you to track orders across multiple warehouses.
- Product Data Mapping: The data mapping tool lets you upload and sync product catalog with details including quantity, item name, item weight.
- Automated Repricing: The automated repricing leads to an increase in sales, thereby maximizing profit margins.
- Product Creation Tool: The product creation tool allows you to create a catalog of new and original products on eCommerce marketplaces.
- Easy creation and publishing of listings for marketplaces
- Streamlining order shipping
- Provides data mapping to list products on marketplaces
- Full FBA integration
- Bulk marketplace listing
- Set threshold for preventing the product from going out-of-stock
- Multi-channel inventory syncing
- Automated repricing system
No live chat support system.
- Basic: $63 per month
- Premium: $143 per month
- Plus: $239 per month
- Elite: $499 per month
- Platinum: $699 per month
- Enterprise: $899 per month
Odoo is open-source software designed for SMEs or large corporations. It is billing software that manages daily accounting for businesses with simplicity.
Along with an incredibly comprehensive solution, Odoo provides great flexibility for all business processes. These business processes include inventory, accounting, marketing, CRM, and integration with e-Commerce.
Further, it provides a great feature of tracking and automating all manufacturing processes and sales operations.
- CRM: Odoo can efficiently and intelligently automate different tasks like communication, notification, prioritization, assignment, and case resolution.
- Sales Management: The sales orders can be classified into hierarchical and structured systems for automatically delivering goods and providing invoices.
- Warehouse Management: Odoo supports warehousing management at different locations along with managing structured stock locations.
- Manufacturing: All the manufacturing operations can be tracked and managed by adopting different planning methods.
- Project Management: Odoo can manage all business projects and provide an invoice on task completion.
- Point of Sale (POS): It manages sales operations such as inventory, sales, invoicing, and cash registry efficiently.
- Accounting: Various accounting features offered by Odoo include General Ledger, Asset Management, Budget Management, Cost Accounting, and more.
- Purchase Management: Odoo tracks quotations of suppliers, order receipts, and invoices to manage purchase orders.
- User-friendly platform
- Less cluttered interface
- Simple navigation
- Works at a good pace
- Impressive modular structure
- Easy integration
- Seamless user experience
- Up-to-date technology
- Backward compatibility
- Lack of organization in documentation
- Inefficient coding
- Community edition: Free
- Enterprise edition: $20 per month for one user
Unleashed allows real-time managing of inventory and logistics. This subscription management software helps in calculating accounting metrics for better sales forecasting.
Additionally, both local and international businesses can keep track of all stock precisely and increase their profits.
The software integrates with various eCommerce platforms, thereby setting up a B2C store for enhancing customer experience.
Unleashed provides control and clarity over suppliers, sales, production, and warehouses. In addition to it, the insights on the dashboard help users gain visibility of all manufacturing and transaction processes.
Unleashed, often known as a Business Intelligence tool, has a mobile sales app that is available for Android and iOS platforms. It manages orders, products, and customers, allowing businesses to make sales on the go.
- Real-time Management: Unleashed tracks and gives real-time updates of product and stock visibility to ensure traceability and transparency.
- Business Intelligence Insights: The dashboard of Unleashed allows you to have insights and compare them to take appropriate forecasting decisions.
- Sales-enhancing Mobile App: With a mobile app, you can get real-time updates and track inventory items along with customer history from anywhere, anytime.
- Enhanced Security: There are strong security features such as 2-step authentication that protect customer’s and businesses’ sensitive data.
- Third-party Integration: Unleashed can integrate with over 30 applications such as Amazon, Salesforce, QuickBooks, Shopify, and Xero.
- B2C eCommerce Store: With a dedicated B2C eCommerce Store, customers get a seamless buying experience, improving sales and eliminating errors.
- Reasonably priced
- Excellent features
- Unlimited transactions in different currencies and multiple warehouses
- Cannot be integrated with all eCommerce platforms
- Customer support is only via email and community
- Hidden costs such as compulsory onboarding assistance
- Large Plus: $819 per month
- Large: $499 per month
- Medium: $259 per month
Finale Inventory is flexible and designed to provide scalability.
It is a central inventory that provides advanced order management. With multiple channel integrations, it helps in multi-warehouse management.
The analytics in the dashboard helps to gain customizable reports that can be used to make important business decisions. These powerful insights help to gain a competitive advantage.
With the inventory accounting functions, related metrics, including profit margins, can be calculated. Further, financial reports can be generated by financial compliance and tax regulations.
- Cloud-Based Architecture: Finale Inventory stores data in a cloud platform that can be accessed and updated in real-time from anywhere.
- Seamless Software Integration: It can integrate with more than 40 enterprise platforms.
- Easy migration from MS-Excel: Importing data from MS-Excel to Finale Inventory is easy and time-saving.
- Multi-Warehouse Support: It can keep track of stocks spread across multiple warehouses at different locations.
- Barcode Scanner Support: Instant inventory updates can be received with a wireless connection.
- Search Capabilities: You can quickly search and sort the centralized database records to understand trends that might affect your business.
- Restock Forecasting: Automatic restock forecasting can be made using sales records.
- Detailed Cost Analysis: It helps you calculate the average cost per unit, net profit, gross profit, and other metrics.
- Serial Number Tracking: With internally and externally generated serial number tracking, you can yield accurate insights.
- Allows third-party integration.
- Excellent customer support.
- Operate at multiple locations.
- Cannot be integrated with WooCommerce and FreshBooks.
- Starter: $75 per month
- Bronze: $199 per month
- Silver: $349 per month
- Gold: $549 per month
- Platinum: $799 per month
Orderhive is an inventory management software based on the SaaS concept. It integrates order management, inventory control, and shipping management functionalities.
Additionally, it has a centralized inventory database that helps in giving real-time tracking updates of multiple warehouses.
By streamlining back-end processes, it helps in executing unlimited orders, thereby generating maximum revenues easily.
Also, having spike protection prevents businesses from any uncertainty. Further, it provides real-time analytics and generates business reports to assess business performance.
- E-Commerce Automation: Orderhive helps managers automate everyday tasks such as order placement, status update, payment, invoicing, and customizing them via toggles.
- Order Management: A single dashboard allows multi-channel booking and bulk actions for order processing and management.
- Inventory Control: With Orderhive, it is easy to track inventory movement from a centralized inventory database and get real-time updates.
- Shipping: It supports multi-channel shipping, integration with third-party logistics, smart bulk actions, rate comparison, and customization of shipping collateral.
- Purchase Management: Orderhive has automated purchase order capabilities, custom purchasing, simple inward process, supplier management, and provides real-time data.
- Analytics and Reporting: You can get a comprehensive and easy-to-understand report for inventory, sales, purchases, invoices, shipment, and returns.
- Returns Management: It supports and maintains inventory returns and replacements, facilitates refund management, thereby boosting customer loyalty.
- Integrations: Orderhive integrates with various third-party marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, FedEx, Magento, QuickBooks, Shopify, UPS, USPS, WooCommerce, and Xero.
- Seller Fulfilled Prime: It allows every order processing, including seller, fulfilled orders on Amazon Prime.
- Improve team efficiency
- Save fulfillment costs
- Avoid errors
- Real-time updates
- Reduce inventory risks
- Lower shipping overheads
- Smart shipping
- Difficult to learn
- Slow loading
- Free: $0.00 per month
- Lite: $44.99 per month
- Starter: $134.99 per month
- Growth: $269.99 per month
- Enterprise: Quoting price
How To Choose Good Order Management Software?
The best order management system has many benefits. This includes judicious use of time, decimating human error, and enhanced visibility of your brand/product/service.
When executed diligently, it ensures that your business runs like a well-oiled machine.
Identify your objectives
The first step towards revamping your business management process starts with revisiting your business aims and objectives.
The time is appropriate to do away with practices that have become redundant. Replacing those with practical and realistic goals will prove to be beneficial in the long term.
You may want to brainstorm on factors that are ‘absolutely necessary’ vis-à-vis the ones that are ‘nice to have.’ This will help you to zero in on the software that suits your requirements.
An ideal choice will seamlessly blend subscription management software into order management software.
Draft a request for proposal (RFP)
This is important so that you are geared up for the challenge. It allows you to identify the drawbacks and work on the solutions.
Software that incorporates billing and subscription management is highly recommended. Other factors that should be considered include order volumes, existing software, hardware, etc.
Research systems options
You may never hit the bull’s eye in the first shot. Dig around a little. Based on your research, draw up a list of some potential vendors. Reach out to the ones you believe fulfill your criteria.
Assess and analyze
Devise an assessment criteria to evaluate the vendors you have shortlisted. Compare the responses received with respect to the objectives you had set up.
Analyze your requirements vis-à-vis your goals. This will help you to arrive at a decision.
Playing with interplay
No one size fits all. Many criteria will influence your final decision. There are many factors that need to be considered while rooting for the software you want to take.
Try to focus on the bigger picture to smoothen out the rough edges.
What is Order Management Software?
Order Management Software is software that enables businesses to manage their orders and inventory. It ensures many benefits like accurate inventory management and automation of new inventory into the system.
Tracking sales through different selling platforms is made easy by OMS. The business owners are duly alerted about the low availability of any particular item.
Interestingly, an order management system can also automate the order-to-cash process. Starting with the customer order through payment reconciliation and shipment, OMS renders a smooth flow of things.
Encompassing billing software, order management software can work for B2B and B2C businesses of any size.
One of the reasons for the popularity of order management software is that it is shareable. The best types of inventory management systems always have an order management app.
Order Management Software is helpful for retaining old customers. This allows you to manage your resources consistently, effectively, and regularly.
At the same time, new customers flock towards you because of effective order management. It is also beneficial in improving the business workflow.
In recent times we are witnessing more and more business enterprises opting for the integrated order management system. This is attributed to their efficiency without compromising on the accuracy of results.
The order management software can be integrated directly with a business’s ERP. It has enhanced customer experience and convenience.
Over the last few years, order management software has been instrumental in fuelling the growth of e-commerce worldwide. This supplements the manual processes to generate a very productive and profitable output.
Why You Need Order Management Software?
The order management process is a complex one and is interconnected with every aspect of the business enterprise. Starting from the most basic to the high up in the hierarchy, it encompasses all the processes.
Some of the critical challenges involved include human error, backlogs, inventory visibility, transportation errors, and vague communication. All of this combined can spell the nemesis of your business.
Order management software helps you to set in motion a fast-moving, cost-effective and accurate procedure. Here is how:
An automated order processing system saves your precious time, effort, and money. The risk of human error is reduced, and that of accuracy is enhanced. Data security is added advantage.
Here and now
You can have access to your business from any part of the world at any time. It is empowering to have more significant data control.
This, in turn, ensures better customer service. The efficient order processing technique assures customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Time saved is growth ensured
Money saved is money earned. Similarly, time saved in doing menial work ensures the growth of your business. The order management software (OMS) ensures that you have ample time to plan for the growth ahead.
Real-time data regarding items sold, returned, or exchanges redeem companies from over-selling inventory. Consequently, you are motivated to remain organized. This ensures customer satisfaction.
A bird’s eye view
An efficient order management software gives a holistic picture of the complexities involved in e-commerce transactions. Loss of revenue can arise due to some common glitches like low inventory or incorrect invoicing.
However, this can be prevented by the billing software and subscription management software embedded in the OMS.
This is very pertinent in order to address any untoward issues speedily. This, in turn, ensures your credibility and increases consumer satisfaction.
Best Software Series