Before you create a website, why do you need a domain name?
We are listing down a few reasons as to why it is important to register a domain.
• From a basic standpoint, the domain is important, because it will not be possible to address your domain properly unless it is registered.
• To begin with, domain names are not merely technical shortcuts for enabling computers to remember websites. They offer much more than that. For example, a well-thought out domain may add a lot of credibility to small businesses.
Having a domain name makes even small businesses look professional. You could go in for a free registration but, you will have the domain registering website name as a part of your overall website name. This will take away that originality and uniqueness.
• It also will add mobility as far as your internet presence is concerned. When you have your own domain name, you can be in a position to take the domain name with you when you switch from one web hosting facility to another.
We also need to bear in mind that registration of the domain name is just one part of the story. The domain has to be hosted and made operational on the internet.
You need a dedicated server or space in a server to host your website and make use of the space available for your daily needs.
Those who are into domain registration and web hosting will most certainly have quite a few good things to say about GoDaddy. They could arguably be the largest domain registration as well as hosting services providers in the world.
They have more than 19 million customers worldwide and they also have helped thousands of small and medium enterprises to script their success stories. They have a collection of around 78 million domain names and more are being added to the list on a regular basis.
They offer dozens of products, which perhaps cannot be matched by any other service provider. GoDaddy has some of the finest selections of .com, .net, .org, and a wide variety of other such extensions to choose from based on specific requirements and needs. They have flexible pricing options for all types of .com and other extensions.
However, there is no doubt that the .com domain registrations are expensive. The domain names start from $.11.99 for the first year to $17.99 from the second year. This is reasonably competitive, though there are other service providers who may offer it at a lower cost.
They have starter bundles for small firms and this is a big takeaway. GoDaddy also has some of the finest hosting plans that are flexible and customer-specific. They also set benchmarks when it comes to offering high-quality customer services at any point of time in the day.
• A phenomenal collection of domain names.
• Different price plans for different needs and classes of users.
• Excellent customer serves
• Best hosting plans that are customer friendly and customized to specific needs.
• A fantastic collection of domain names.
• Wide variety of .com and other choices depending on exact needs of clients.
• Bandwidth is not an issue
• Their domain names & hosting plans are expensive when compared to others.
• May not be suitable for new business entrants, from the price factor.
• Long term domain registrations are not very price friendly.
NameCheap is a popular and independent domain name registering company. It was founded in the year 2000. While their focus is on website domain registration, they also offer selective hosting services. This is a privately held and independent hosting company.
This is an impressive takeaway when you have massive corporations holding a stake in almost all hosting brands. They are known for brand value and transparency and have done reasonably well, in spite of being in a highly competitive and demanding market scene.
Different plans are available for different sets of customers and end-users. It is capable of offering the best customer experience. Once you have a domain name in mind, you can log on to the site and find out if it is available. In case the specific domain name is taken, NameCheap offers a number of other alternatives.
They also offer a free domain name, but it is not recommended. Different price ranges to suit different budgets. They also offer the best hosting services. The price range starts from $1 and moves up and therefore you have a solution for all domain registration needs.
• Top class security features
• Extremely flexible and user-friendly pricing.
• Impressive bonus features for those who register their domains for longer periods of time.
• Excellent customer support services.
• Long term plans are expensive
• They do not have the largest number of domain names and extensions.
• The money back guarantee time period is not impressive.
• Limited plan choices.
Domain.com is considered to be one of the best in the market today and there are many reasons for this. It suits both first-time buyers and also those who are into online business or have websites for many years.
They are quite experienced and come with many years of experience. Small business firms can go in for low priced plans at around $9.99 a year. The entire process of registration is quite easy and can be done within a few minutes. They also offer five-year registration plans.
This saves time and also botheration with renewing the domain registrations every year. You also can expect reasonably good and customer-friendly support services across the globe.
• They provide the option of adding protection and privacy just for $9 per year.
• Your name and address is not visible to the general public.
• Many different plans to suit the needs of beginners and small business houses
• A reasonably good collection of domain names.
• Good customer support.
• The entire process of registration should not take more than 90 seconds.
• Great value for money.
• They also offer hosting services, comparable to the best in the industry.
• Quite a few add-ons.
• The add-ons push up the cost
If you are looking for a reliable, well known and proven domain registrar and also hosting service provider, then you have many reasons to have a closer look at Hover. They have been around for many years now and have added thousands of customers across the world.
The company launched their domain registration services in the year 2008 and since they have been able to take on competition quite aggressively. Therefore, you can be sure that you are dealing with a reputed, time-tested and proven service provider. Let us have a look at the main features of their domain registration services.
One of the biggest strengths of Hover is that they have a wide range of domain registrations covering .com, .org, .net, and a host of other such dot.com and other such extensions. Therefore, you can choose a domain that is in line with your business and specific needs and requirements.
They have some of the widest price ranges to choose from. This offers flexibility to the users based on the size of their firms and other such characteristics and specific requirements.
They have delivered on the promise of being an easy-to-register domain name and the whole process should not take more than a few minutes.
They offer some of the best rates for long term domain registrations. These rates are comparable with the best in the industry. You also can take the advantage of various add-on services like unlimited and limited email ids and other such features.
If needed you also could go in for hosting services and they have been doing a good job on this count also. The customer services that they offer are also of the highest standards and many end-users believe that it is a big takeaway.
• They offer a wide variety of domain registering options.
• Cost effective especially when you opt for long term registrations.
• A wide variety of tariffs to choose from.
• Quality customer services.
• Many add-on services available.
• Good value for money.
• Transparent and open pricing.
• Short terms domain registrations can be expensive.
• May not be suitable for big players.
• Add-ons could add some hidden charges.